Who would’ve guessed that I would fall in love with pudding cookies so much. These are hands down the softest cookies I have ever made. What’s great about these Festive Fourth of July Pudding Cookies is that you can easily change it up with different m&m colors and a different flavor of pudding.
Easy & quick recipes are the absolute best. Holidays creep up on me and it’s nice to have a recipe to whip up quickly. You can find my other favorite cookies recipes (Red Velvet and Peanut Butter) with the ingredients and instructions as well. The secret ingredients in this recipe are the brown sugar and pudding. If you love your cookies soft – these will be a winner in your book!
You can completely change the cookie with one simple substitution. Try these cookies with chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and create some more chocolate-y goodness. I chose a simple vanilla pudding for these cookies, so you really taste the brown sugar and vanilla you’d expect from a chocolate chip cookie.
These cookies are easy and come together fast. They do require 30 minutes of chilling. I wanted to find some festive m&m’s, but couldn’t find them at the store. I decided I was going to buy a regular bag of m&m’s and pick out the red and blue ones. There was plenty in the bag with extra leftover. We all know that cookies are perfect for summer parties. They don’t melt or require serving utensils, which makes these the perfect party cookie!
The 40 minutes prep time has the chilling time of 30 minutes included.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) INSTANT Vanilla Pudding Mix (just the mix!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 cup red and/or blue sprinkles (or any colors)
- 1/2 cup Red & Blue M&Ms (or any color of M&M)
- Cream butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. (You can also use a hand mixer - I did!) Mix in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Add in pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Mix in flour, then stir in sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats. Place chilled cookie dough balls 2” apart on cookie sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to one month.