The holiday season is here! That means lots of baking, cooking, holiday parties, and more. This holiday season I will be baking with Betty. Betty Crocker has tons of easy delicious recipes that will take less time in the kitchen and give me more time with my family and friends.
You can purchase Betty Crocker Cookie Mix in the baking section at Walmart. Why not purchase a few to have on hand during the holidays? She has a lot of different flavors to choose from – chocolate chip, peanut butter, pumpkin and my favorite sugar. I’ve made sugar cookies and these sugar cookie Christmas truffles a couple of times already! Easy and delicious!
This sugar cookie Christmas truffle recipe is quick and easy to make. It’s perfect for the holidays. Even those of you who claim to be “non-bakers” can make this recipe. It’s that easy! Your party guests will definitely be impressed.
These little truffles are sugar cookies rolled up into balls of Christmas goodness. The recipe calls for only four ingredients: already made sugar cookies, cream cheese, white chocolate and red and green sprinkles. It’s the perfect recipe to try when you have leftover cookies!
The hard white chocolate shell protects the soft sugar cookie ball that is equivalent to a soft batch sugar cookie dough. So tender and tooth-achingly sweet, these sugar cookie christmas truffles are to die for!
But I must say, the secret to good sugar cookie truffles is using delicious sugar cookies. I encourage you to use Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix and set aside a dozen for these truffles. You get two delicious dessert recipes in one! Enjoy!
- 12 sugar cookies (about 3-inches in diameter)
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cups white chocolate for melting
- Sprinkles for decoration (red & green)
- Place the sugar cookies in a food processor and process until cookies turn into very fine crumbs. Add the cream cheese and process again until well-combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball - this process will take about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Shape cookies into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, melt white chocolate according to instructions on package.
- Remove the cookie balls from refrigerator. Using a spoon, dip and roll chilled cookie balls, one at a time, in coating. Return to lined cookie sheet and immediately top with sprinkles. The white chocolate will dry fast and the sprinkles won't stick otherwise. Repeat process for remaining cookie balls. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week in a container.