With Valentine’s day right around the corner, it’s time to start planning! Valentine’s day is always one of my favorite holidays, because it’s all about celebrating love of all kinds: from love for a little someone special to love for your family and gal pals. If you don’t have anything swoon-worthy planned for this February 14th, consider Galentine’s Day – a celebration of all the wonderful ladies in your life.
Here are a few simple, but unique ideas to put a little girl power in the most romantic day of the year and make your Galentine’s Day grand.
10 Ideas For Galentine’s Day
- Host Brunch. Include heart-shaped waffles (I’m a sucker for anything heart-shaped), boozy beverages, donuts – everything needed for a sugar-high feast. Try this heart-shaped waffle iron
- Spend the Day at IKEA – Yes, I love Ikea – as you can see from my recent post! Spend your Galentine’s Day getting lost in the giant maze of Ikea – gathering decor items for your new apt/home. Make sure to hit up their famous swedish meatballs in the process.
- DANCE PARTY! – A night with the girls isn’t complete without a full roster of Katy Perry, Beyonce, and the like.
- Write Uplifting Notes – grab a bowl and write down a note of something you love about every one of your girlfriends. Pour yourselves a glass and read them all. Tissue boxes needed!
- Give Back – Help others in need! Grab your girlfriends and give back to the community. Head to your nearest dog shelter and volunteer your time walking dogs or your local women’s shelter dedicating time to others in need.
- Have a baking party – Whip up some quick and easy desserts! Some favorite 3- Ingredient Recipes:
- DIY Party! Try out new snazzy cocktails. Turn your kitchen into a bar for the night – Mix up one…or two of these snazzy Valentine’s Day Cocktails. Go all out – Send invites, grab flowers, and create a DIY project for everyone to partake in. Some Inspiration!
- Have a serious throwback and host a gal’s Slumber Party – Complete with spiked hot chocolate, fuzzy socks, and matching pajamas.
- Make Your Own Sushi – Sometimes making food from scratch is more fun. Head to your local store and stock up on sushi rice, seaweed, sesame seeds, and any veggies/meat/condiments you want to add. My favorite ingredient – avocado! Or try out this beginner’s sushi kit. It can be a challenge, but you and your girlfriends can put your heads together to create the perfect roll!
- Binge watch V-Day movies – Break out the full repertoire of Ryan Gosling (Notebook and all), pop some popcorn and snuggle in. Try out a sappy flick like P.S. I Love You or the always-classic Love Actually. Old Hollywood options like Casablanca and Breakfast at Tiffany’s are always a hit!
However you’re spending this Valentine’s day or Galentine’s day, be sure to fill it with love. If you’re planning a low-key night at home or you and your squad are heading out to paint the town red, I hope these ideas help you on your way to the best Galentine’ day yet! How are you celebrating this Galentine’s day? Have any ideas or suggestions? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Keep up to date with Uniquely Women’s Happenings!