Spruce up a whiskey cocktail for the upcoming spring season by adding a dose of fresh strawberries! This Strawberry Basil Whiskey Bourbon Cocktail with Cedar Ridge Whiskey will be your go to drink this spring/summer after one taste of this cocktail!
Some ice, some fruit, a little sugar and whiskey—BOOM. I added some strawberries and basil for a bit of freshness, but you could play around with any other fruit and fresh herb combination.
I have been a fan of Cedar Ridge since the day they opened. I mean for the best bourbon you need to head to the heart of corn country – right here in Iowa. Check out their wide array of whiskey’s HERE. Like they say, “It is the best of the Midwest in a bottle!”
Using a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon, mash fresh basil leaves, strawberries, and simple syrup in a mixing glass or a cocktail shaker four to five times, just to release juices and oils. Add bourbon and lemon juice. Transfer to an old-fashioned glass. Garnish with strawberry and basil (if you desire.)
STRAWBERRY BASIL WHISKEY BOURBON COCKTAIL
- 2 to 3 strawberries, sliced, plus 1 extra for garnish
- 3 basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- ½ ounce raw simple syrup (1 part raw sugar to 1 part water)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- In a shaker, muddle the strawberries, basil and simple syrup.
- Add the whiskey/bourbon, and lemon juice.
- Fill the shaker with ice, then shake and strain the liquid into an ice-filled rocks glass.
- Garnish it with a strawberry and some basil leaves (if you would like) and serve.