You know those days when you just need to unwind? Things aren’t going right at work, it was a long day of paperwork, the sun didn’t come out, or bad news of any sort pops up? You need a cocktail. But sometimes even making a cocktail seems like too much work. On days like those, I make my very favorite Peach Wine Slushies. You can already have them whipped up ready to go in your freezer when that bad day comes at ya.
Honestly, with these peach wine slushies, it’s half drink…and half dessert…100% a favorite. One of my special treats for the late summer months (when peaches are in season.)
I was completely enthralled by the Wente Facebook video of 5th generation winemaker Karl Wente explaining his two biggest passions in life: wine and music. From American Idol to the wine-making process, Karl explained his #LoveOfTheJourney and inspired me to share mine
PEACH WINE SLUSHIES
- 2 cups peaches (peeled, sliced, and frozen) or half a bag of frozen peaches.
- 2 cups of cold white wine (I chose Wente Riesling!)
- Sliced peaches for garnish (optional)
- Combine both the wine and peaches. Puree until smooth.
- If the mixture isn’t setting up and warm, place the mixture in the freezer and stir every 15 minutes until the slushie mixture is created.