What better way to celebrate the magic of summer than with these fresh coconut water fruit popsicles! They are beautiful and pleasing to look at, and rather fun to eat. Aside from being amazing pieces of art, they are also incredibly healthier than your conventional popsicle loaded with refined sugar, unnatural colourings, preservatives and other weird chemical additives. I love the simplicity of these Fresh Fruit Pops. All you need is a popsicle mold, coconut water (available in the bottled water aisle at Walmart), and some sliced fresh fruit, and you’ve got a yummy, healthy treat that your kids will be begging for again and again.
- Fruit of your choice, cut into pieces (i.e., strawberries, banana, blueberries, kiwi, mango, pineapple)
- Coconut water (I used Zico Coconut Water – found at Walmart )
- Popsicle mold. Some examples: Zoku Quick Pop Maker & Norpro Ice Pop Maker
How to make them:
- Add cut up fruit into the popsicle mold. It is ok if there are spaces. You don’t want the fruit to be packed too tightly
- Pour in coconut water until it reaches the top of each popsicle mold.
- Freeze the molds overnight, or until solid. Once frozen, remove from mold and serve immediately.
Tip: To get the popsicles to separate from the mold easily, run the plastic under warm water until they easily slide out.